The Web Developer is responsible for developing new websites and upgrading existing websites to continually improve the performance and security of those websites. The job requires skills to work with .NET technologies using C# and some VB.NET and T-SQL (MS SQL Server). The Web Developer is responsible for assisting in specification analysis for web applications and assisting in documentation to ensure they are properly built and are easy to maintain. This position must have an eagerness to learn new technologies and protocols.
The Web Developer is expected to be able to represent themselves, the department and the company with the highest level of professionalism and always maintain a positive attitude.
- Develop and maintain websites using ASP.Net, SQL Server and Content management tools
- Use IT Request system to review Client requests and provide a prompt response
- Follow programming standards for version control, development and maintenance of programming artifacts (database objects and web classes).
- Develop and execute unit test cases.
- Work with project managers and other programmers to assist with design, development and maintenance of web pages and objects.
- Monitor web applications and respond to problems timely.
- Must understand improving and creating high performance applications.
- Be well versed in company/department standards follow standards and provide ideas to improve them.
- Must have proper understanding of web and application security.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing application issues.
- Ability to do screen mock-ups.
- Able to redevelop existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Implementing new software into a production environment via our agreed upon change control processes.
- Assisting in creating technical specifications and test plans, as requested.
- Access electronic PHI following the current guidelines as established at the company-wide and department levels.
This position requires the following:
- Minimum of 7 years of recent experience with ASP.net using C# and VB.NET.
- 3-4 years of recent SQL server development experience including complex stored procedure, triggers and functions is preferred.
- Must have thorough understanding of current versions of IIS.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into security related products as required.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Should be self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision.