The SharePoint Administrator is the first line of support, administration, user education, and security for the platform. Responsibilities include day-to-day management and support of all SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams issues, escalating tasks to other IT employees when needed. The SharePoint Administrator will manage the content hosted on SharePoint and help expedite user adoption within the organization.
You are responsible for maintaining and securing the platform and monitoring system usage to optimize performance. SharePoint and OneDrive will be used to manage and store documents across the organization. The SharePoint Administrator must partner with our internal business users to identify, scope, analyze and project manage solutions for a modern workplace.
Success in this position requires ability to understand business problems and how to leverage our set of tools to resolve problems and requests. Developing customer and cross functional team relationships, ensuring end user satisfaction, proficient communication skills (written and verbal), and a commitment to successful results through the cooperation of others.
You will be a member of a team that spans all company locations in the US and Canada. As a member of that team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the company’s infrastructure technology roadmap.
Strategy & Planning Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned business areas as it relates to their portal, collaboration, and content management needs. Work with users at varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Understand the organizational strategies of the tools and solutions and help assigned business areas to align with them.
- Act as user experience proponent/advocate.
- Understand the integration of Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams.
- Proven ability to manage projects as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present to all levels of IT, internal staff and management.
- Work with teams and external partners to ensure high level planning and design documents are in line with the user experience vision, standards and guidelines.
- Manage interactions and dependencies between internal and external working teams, and coordinate delivery with Project Manager leading inter-dependent project streams.
- Oversee the translation of high-level designs and plans into detailed design deliverables.
- Manage issues and risks from a user experience standpoint through all phases.
Operational Management Responsibilities:
- Creating and configuring new sites and forms.
- Develop, configure and maintain secure document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections.
- Create custom workflows to automate processes.
- Document Management implementation.
- Ability to maintain and manage SharePoint Search Administration.
- Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best practices regarding privacy and security.
- Develop training materials and provide training to users with varying levels of skills.
- Support end users with all SharePoint related issues.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Contribute to defining security, compliance and governance requirements.
- Management of SharePoint Sites, Office 365 and management of 3rd party support.
- Extensive global policy and Active Directory capabilities.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and systems engineers to assist in resolving problems with SharePoint framework, sites, and information.
- Reviews internal critical security vulnerability reports for action.
- Monitors and completes requests and incident resolution.
- Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly administrative tasks to keep SharePoint healthy.
- Extensive usage of PowerShell for tasks, administration, reporting within Office 365.
- Working with the IT team to effectively manage the Active Directory Forest and ensure the uninterrupted functionality of all core services.
- Working experience on Microsoft Cloud technologies including Office 365, Azure, various applications in O365 – Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Power BI, Flow and Planner etc.
- Assist to manage and administer the Office 365 portal, applications, userissues, provide troubleshooting support and work with various user groups to design and provide solutions around these applications.
- Provide IT operational documentation and train as required Help Desk and Desktop personnel on new implementations.
- Performs installation, configuration, and maintenance of technologies, software and solutions following established procedures and change control standards.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in Office 365
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for creating business cases, budgets etc.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education and Background Requirements:
- College or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5+ years of SharePoint experience in a corporate environment
- Ability to create, migrate, and support SharePoint sites using SharePoint Online
- 3-4 years’ experience in business analysis would be considered an asset
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 including Teams and OneDrive
- Preference given to those who hold certifications in Microsoft technologies.