Senior Project Engineer REQ 1133
- Reporting of safety critical issues to the project, line management and local Core Safety Group Member (CSGM)
- Planning and coordination of safety activities
- Monitoring of timing, progress, and costs of the safety related activities within the project
- Guide and monitor safety engineers in safety activities
- Performing risk assessments, drafting of safety concepts, support of safety analyses (e. g. DIA, HRA, FSC, TSC, FMEA, FTA)
- Specification of requirements for safety-relevant functionalities
- Facilitating, coordinating and attending assessments, audits, and technical reviews
- Documentation after process completion and presentation of results
- Interface to customer, supplier, and departments for project related issues
- Development of safety-related V&V test plans
- Execute systems engineering principles within conventional, hybrid and electric vehicle powertrain system platforms.
- Working with the customer and project team, leads the definition and execution of: functional requirements, system boundaries, component & subsystem interface definition, and performance tracking
- Develop significant relationships with customers with the objective of securing additional business
- Works with Sales team to identify project opportunities from new and existing customer, and pursue to project acquisition
- Lead the proposal development activity for the Systems and Electrification team.
- Provide core technical guidance & oversight to quality and reliability engineering and assist with FMEA activities & related activities
- Plans and manages engineering activities according to project requirements.
- Works on specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, preparation of specifications, technical plans, powertrain system and component testing, data analysis and validation.
- Supports/ensures data quality and writes technical project reports.
- Reviews project for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements, including opinions and interpretations.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering test issues.
- Supports, organizes, and leads customer meetings.
- Other duties as required to insure project success
- Support and lead quotes for a medium to large size programs
- Support the Business Development process for a range of clients
- Efficient on-time delivery of program expectations with consistently high feedback
- Identify and support opportunities for technology development, process improvements, tool development, and knowledge capture and re-use.
- Familiarity with regulatory and market segment requirements and end-user expectations
- 7+ years’ experience in area of expertise
- Accountability for individual and team delivery
- Active pursuit of personal and departmental improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field required, master’s degree preferred
- Base Engine Performance & Emissions Performance Requirements
- Effective communication with all levels of the program team
- Electronic controller hardware specifying and developing/sourcing
- Experience and Education
- High voltage component integration (power steering, Thermal management, Exportable power, Level 2 onboard charging, power distribution)
- Hybrid Electric Powertrain Functional Operation and Optimization (inclusive of high voltage electrical systems)
- Hybrid/electrification technology within passenger car, medium duty, or heavy duty
- Independent functionality in at least two or more of the following areas:
- Leadership of small to medium size technical teams
- OBD-related diagnostics, fault detection, failure modes
- Power electronics / energy storage thermal management
- Power electronics for PM or AC induction machines HV battery integration
- Powertrain integration to vehicle / chassis development and production release
- Program and resource coordination
- System Safety Engineering including ISO 26262 (Functional Safety), ISO 21448 (SOTIF), ISO 21434 (Cyber Security), and similar standards.
- Systems Engineering
- Traction motor integration (clutched or direct)
- Transmission Performance & Efficiency Optimization
- Vehicle and subsystem level EMI / EMC systems requirements development and validation
- Vehicle Level Drivability, Fuel Economy, Emissions & Performance Attribute Optimization
- Working effectively with customers and other program staff and team members
$ 104,000 - $ 120,000