Are you an avid gamer interested in creating awesome games? Our client is currently seeking a talented Senior Game Developer to create gameplay systems in cutting edge games. The ideal candidate is well versed in C++, has created games in the past, and loves strategy games. This is a salaried, full-time position at our Plymouth, Michigan office.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Port game engine code to multiple consoles and PC platforms.
• Architect, build and maintain core systems in modern C++ on multicore CPUs.
• Write technical documents describing core systems.
• Mentor and collaborate with other developers.
• Work closely with Design, Production, and Art to develop requirements and implementation plans.
• Manage timelines and milestones to meet stakeholder expectations.
• Work closely with production and QA to address bugs.
Education and/or Experience Desired:
• 10+ years of experience in game development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant field.
• Strong C++ background.
• Passion for games and game design.
• Self-motivated and loves solving problems.
• Experience with modern graphics APIs and multicore programming.
• Expertise in several of the following: Optimization, networking, parallel and distributed systems, UI/UX, AI, physics, data management, graphics, gameplay, audio, HLSL/GLSL shaders, pipelines, terrain.
• Able to learn new technology quickly and execute on a schedule in a fast-paced cross-discipline team environment.
• Multiple shipped titles or mods.
• Experienced with version control software (e.g. Perforce, SVN, etc.).