The Senior Developer’s role is to maintain software applications and ensure business requirements are met through constant analysis, testing, and development of software applications with the additional responsibility of leading and binding the IT team to work together ensuring that project production, work quality, and standards are met and under control.
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, engineers and designers in conceptualization and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications as well as write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run, and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience with same or similar job duties.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of the medical industry.
Core Competency Requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C#
- In-depth knowledge and experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment
- Environments such as: GitHub
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development
- techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL technologies
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping