The Sales Manager is responsible for the overall sales and operations of the Sales and Customer Retention teams. The Sales Manager will oversee the profitability and cost control measures of the residential business unit while aligning departmental goals with company objectives on a yearly basis.
- Physical presence in the office and field to accomplish these tasks, meet and work with others as required
- Manage the sales generation in districts and major accounts within a large geographical area for one or more of the company’s product
- Develop, forecast and monitor budget and utilize operational resources
- Meet and exceed sales and installation/cut-in quotas
- Manage sales staff and provide direction regarding resources and sales strategies, establishing territories, quotas and training
- Coordinate sales distribution of products or services to facilitate the sales process
- Mentor, develop and train sales team members
- Develop sales programs, strategies and incentives
- Develop sales lead assignment process
- Create programs to improve customer retention and reduce cancellations
- Provide assistance to other managers on solving operational problems within the Company
- Assist in the development of annual goals and budgets
- Develop existing customer “book of business” strategies that result in added sales to existing customers
- Provide guidance and insight to executive management on market trends, new competitors, products,
- Manage all personnel issues in the Residential Sales Department, including but not limited to; payroll, scheduling, hiring and disciplinary actions
- Work closely with Product Development team to identify new products and technology offerings
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit for up to eight hours; use hands to manipulate or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to twenty pounds.
- Experience in sales or operations in a service-based industry
- Management and leadership of large cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of growing and sustaining a department or team over an extended period of time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or work experience equivalent
- Sales and leadership training
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as in the field. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.