#1297 Network Security Engineer
Join an IT team dedicated to "minus the hassle" where we're minus slow systems and plus innovative retail and business systems.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of network security solutions, security monitoring, security and data/logs analysis, and forensic analysis, to detect security incidents, and.in an organization
Primary responsibilities include:
- Plan and appraise ongoing assessment of antivirus, application control, firewall, SIEM, VPN, SSL, intrusion detection or intrusion prevention and other network component policies
- Work under the direction of the CIO to maintain organization vision of Cyber and Network Security
- Maintain security devices and show practical experience in managing the Microsoft Defender ATP, firewalls, content filters, Barracuda and Office ATP email security, web filter and SCCM Defender
- Run security scans quarterly on all store networks and internal networks to assess and address any issues and ensure the organization maintains PCI passing levels
- Act under authorization from CIO to maintain the configuration and have a comprehensive understanding and technical know-how in server administration, including GPO deployment, patching, network device configuration, OWASP Top Ten, SDCL, and ADLC
- Support security systems deployment, management, and maintenance, including Firewalls, VPNs, and infrastructure monitoring, reporting, and associated sensor systems
- Track and correct any applicable information security deficiencies, conditions, weaknesses, findings, and gaps identified by audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests
- Ensure network security best practices are executed through auditing: change control, switch, firewall configurations, and monitoring
- Engage in ongoing research of emerging trends and new technologies which may benefit the project goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance or solve project problems.
- Review and respond to security incidents or escalations as needed at any time.
The Network Security Engineer will have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years relevant experience in Network and Systems Security management
- Certifications not required, however are recommended to have 2 of the following. CISSP, ECMS, CEH, CISM, CISA, Security +, NCSF, Microsoft 365 Security Administrators or Azure Security Engineer
- Understanding of security standards such as NIST, PCI, ISO 27001
- Will be expected to obtain PCI certification
- Hands on experience with the following security technologies: firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection Systems, Vulnerability Scanners, Virtual Private Networking, virus protection technologies, Log Management, network access control, proxy server and data loss prevention
- Knowledge of how to secure operating systems.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Understanding of SCCM, Microsoft Defender ATP, Barracuda and Meraki firewalls
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with attention to detail/accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment while managing multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail and follow-up
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Retail Systems environment a plus (PCI knowledge and understanding)