The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
• IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365, Azure etc.
• Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft.
• Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
• Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
• Support disaster recovery solutions.
• Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
• Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
• Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
• Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
• Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
• Understand processes in system by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
• Work through a daily schedule in Ticketing System that has been established through the dispatch process.
• Work through project tickets and phases in system as assigned by a Project Manager.
• Enter all work as service or project tickets in system.
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
• Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
• Previous experience with ConnectWise Ticketing System – a bonus!
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• 5 plus years of IT experience.