.NET Developer 1238
- Works closely and collaboratively with the team and the business to deliver innovative new features that will improve our member experience and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our associates.
- Strives to be a “full-stack” developer who builds competency across all tiers and layers including front-end, services, back-end, and persistence.
- Is a proficient practitioner of Agile Software Craftsmanship principles and practices such as clean code, TDD, Continuous Integration, Legacy Rescue, Agile Testing, and DevOps.
- Is a strong team player and relentless continuous improver with a deep commitment to collective success and helping the team to get better.
- Is a strong mentor who can teach and lead teammates on Software Craftsmanship path.
- Has solid analytical and problem-solving skills who can solve technical issues quick as they arise.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes and collaborates as a cohesive member of a cross-functional, self-organizing, high-performance software development team.
- Elicits, architects, designs, tests, codes, deploys, and supports a wide array of valuable operational and member-facing systems and features.
- Participates in and where appropriate leads team learning group sessions as well as communities of interest in order to generalize competency and increase innovation.
- Helps others on the team to learn and leverage the principles and practices of Agile Software Craftsmanship.
- Helps the team to design, build, configure, and maintain software development environments including developer IDEs, servers, frameworks, and components.
- Helps the team to identify and implement tools to support configuration management, code health, continuous integration, automated deployment and production monitoring.
- Explores new technologies, tools, and techniques and works with the team and with leadership to continue to evolve our business/technology ecosystem.
- Becomes/is an advocate of the Michigan First culture, supporting diversity, philosophy and other credit union initiatives.
- Fosters a positive image of Michigan First via professional representation in all contacts and complies with all of Michigan First’s mission and vision goals. Reflects each of the credit union’s “Isms” in daily job performance. Learns and utilizes the EMEC way (Every Member’s Experience Counts) in day-to-day responsibilities when communicating with members and team members.
- Believes in the power and synergistic value of teams; equates personal success with team success; focuses on team accomplishment and recognition rather than personal recognition. Remains optimistic and enthusiastic toward work and others, despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Is committed to total client satisfaction; thinks things through from the client’s perspective; regularly seeks client feedback and adjusts actions to provide continuous improvement and value to the client; is immediately responsive to client concerns; is a trusted advisor to clients and earns client loyalty by providing products/services to meet the client’s needs
- Believes in doing things right the first time; has strong commitment to completeness and accuracy of work; has high work standards and holds self-accountable for meeting the performance expectations of customers and clients, and performing at the highest level; is committed to continuous performance improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate for this position will be an intellectually curious, hardworking individual with a strong work ethic and teamful attitude.
- Must be a genuine learning enthusiast, passionate technologist, and team player.
- Must possess demonstrable hands-on proficiency with respect to one or more contemporary Object-Oriented programming ecosystem such as Java or C#.
- Knowledge and experience in .NET Core and Entity Framework.
- Must possess demonstrable hands-on proficiency with respect one or more software architectural patterns such as DDD, OOD, and multi-layer patterns.
- Hands-on proficiency with respect to Agile Software Craftsmanship principles and practices such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, ATTD/BDD, and Legacy Rescue.
- Must possess demonstrable hands-on proficiency with respect to automated testing and refactoring tools such as xUnit, Selenium, or Resharper.
- Experience with team-based work management tools such as DevOps, TFS or Jira.
- Experience with development pipeline automation tools such as DevOps, Jenkins, Sonar, SonarGraph, or Cake Build.
- Must possess prior experience with SOAP services, RESTful services and JSON.
- Prior experience with mobile application development on iOS and Android is a plus.
- Prior experience with web application framework such as Angular or ASP.Net is plus.
- Prior banking or credit union experience is a plus.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Lathrup Village, MI