Middleware Administrator REQ 1104
- Administer the migration of application components and configurations from non-production environments into production environments.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues.
- Collaborate with Oracle vendors’ support organizations with the support and guidance of more senior team members.
- Collaborate with senior mid-tier administrators and development personnel to test mid-tier systems to verify performance objectives and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedural standards relating to mid-tier projects.
- Possess understanding of the system deployment process and correlation with mid-tier administration responsibilities.
- Provide all support related for application server-related issues.
- Provide mid-tier administration services.
- Refresh non-production mid-tier configurations as necessary.
- Support and maintain the enterprise Application Server system environments.
- Support the implementation and upgrade of large-scale system and application software packages.
- Ensure the integrity of mid-tier backup and restore procedures and maintain related documentation.
- Guarantee mid-tier security adheres to defined standards and industry best practices.
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
- Help in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution as needed.
- Implement and adhere to defined standards, procedures and methodologies for effective operation, access control, and recovery of all mid-tier systems.
- Implement and modify mid-tier configurations; test mid-tier management systems, utilities and tools.
- Manage the production environments.
- Oversee production processes.
- Participate in 24/7 ON CALL rotational schedule.
- Work with senior administrators and other teams to implement the defined requirements of new systems development.
- Working knowledge and support of application development practices as relates to mid-tier administration responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related field.
- Thorough background in IT concepts.
- 2+ years’ experience with application server technologies.
- Data driven and able to assist in troubleshooting issues.
- Detail orientated, highly organized and have a strong desire to learn.
- Organized and capable of meeting all deadlines.
- Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with supervision in a team environment.
- Demonstrate solid customer service skills.
- Experience with Tomcat.
- Experience with WebLogic OR WebSphere.
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
- Work onsite at the required work location.
- Work with a high sense of urgency to accomplish tasks within deadlines and Service Level Agreements.
- Basic knowledge of any scripting language.
- Basic knowledge of application development concepts and practices.
- Experience using Linux- or Unix-based systems.
- Experience with Java application servers (JBoss, Glassfish, Oracle Application Server).
- Experience working with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid/Cloud Control 11g/12c.
$ 40/hr - $ 55/hr