IT Service Desk Technician
The IT Service Desk Technician is responsible for providing level one computer technical support to employees. They are the first point of contact for anyone who requires assistance with company computer systems.
A successful IT Service Desk Technician would be a self-starter, have good technical knowledge, be a strong listener and possess the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a variety of skill sets at all levels of the organization. A strong customer service mindset is required for this role.
- Provide responsive level one support to employees on a variety of technology issues.
- Perform triage for incoming tickets and assist with coordinating with other techs for site dispatch.
- Document support issues and track activity in IT Service Desk ticketing system.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Configure and deploy new computers.
- Troubleshoot, repair and upgrade computers as necessary.
- Support employee mobile devices including cell phones, hot spots and tablets.
- Resolve hardware/software conflicts and perform basic network troubleshooting.
- Handle user support questions regarding various software programs.
- Provide basic end user computer training when needed.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of technical support.
- Following-up and updating users with a status and available info
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to team processes and procedures.
- Coordinate vendor support activities and account management including HP warranty claims and Ricoh billing and service calls.
- Responsible for recommending and implementing configuration changes to the existing service desk system. Examples of configuration responsibilities include:
- Creating dashboards and contacting vendor support as needed.
- Creating templates for different types of requests as well all the tasks associated with a request
- Configuring and or updating system escalation and SLAs
- Configuring reports
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SysAid, Manage Engine ServiceDesk + or other ticketing system knowledge a plus
- Small and or medium sized service desk group experience preferred with > 50-100 calls per week
- Strong listening and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills are a must. You will be required to explain technical concepts to people with a variety of skill sets.
- Ability to create processes and procedures around service desk functions
- Understanding of information systems privacy and security issues including common practices for protecting systems
- Exceptional customer service is key to the success of this role
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees within the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Internet software and Database software.
- Basic network administration ability with Microsoft Active Directory and other network applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows and/or Apple operating systems, hardware and general computer operation required
At this time, this position does not have any direct reports but is responsible for coordinating with other department staff.