The Hardware Design Engineer will be responsible for selecting components and drawing the design based on the specific requirements of the project. You will be involved in the design, development, debug, installation & commissioning of electrical & test controls and automation systems in the powertrain industry.
- Preparation and/or modification of electrical schematics, panel layouts, operator interface designs for data acquisition systems and upgrades/enhancements on existing products.
- Interfacing with vendors and evaluating new components for use in the implementation of new projects.
- Field installation support and design modifications of integrated systems.
Assisting other Project Engineers on their projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical design experience
- Must have knowledge of EPLAN software
- Knowledge of US, Canadian, European and Asian electrical standards preferred
- Experience with data acquisition components that include servo motor controls, VFD drives control, PID/PWM modules, signal conditioning modules
- Experience with NI hardware is desired
- Experience with analog measurement systems preferred
- Experience with high voltage DC (600V) systems preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Programming experience is a plus