Programmer/Analyst with extensive EDI knowledge and emphasis on the 834, 835, 837, 997 and knowledge of 4010 and 5010 standards. This role is responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining software systems to meet our client’s needs.
In addition, the individual is responsible for assisting in detailing specifications for those applications and assisting in documenting them – to ensure they are built properly in the first place and then are easier to maintain thereafter. The individual may use a variety of computer programming languages and applications to develop the requested software.
- Analyzing EDI needs, development, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, modification and installation of all EDI processes
- Serve as a technical expert on EDI including, loops, segments, and elements
- Initiates, communicates and coordinates all EDI activities with trading partners
- Maintain documentation on procedures and processes
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA policies and procedures
- 5010 conversion/testing experience is a plus.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Ability to do screen mock-ups
- Designing, writing and testing new software programs in our company framework (.NET). These applications are primarily ‘rich’ client applications.
- Maintaining systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Working with commercial software packages
- Assisting in creating technical specifications and test plans as requested
- Working closely with staff such as business analysts, project managers, customer service staff, other programmers, operations staff, business administrative staff, etc.
- Implementing new software into a production environment via our agreed upon change control processes.
- Should be self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision
The typical projects and tasks include but are not limited to: Rich client applications. These applications would be used to display data, add/edit or delete data, generate reports, trigger complex business workflows (with notification, etc.).
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of EDI transactions.
- Minimum 5-7 years of recent experience in .NET
- Minimum 5-7 years of recent SQL server 2005/2008 development including complex triggers and views
- 2+ years of SQL reporting experience is preferred