The Director of Originations is a key strategic and operational leadership role responsible for developing and implementing strategies to establish and maintain an industry-leading funding operation for the Company.
The purpose of the “Director of Originations” position is to . . .
- Develop and implement an effective strategy to improve operational results in the Dealer Service Center and meet the Company’s BHAG goals.
- Improve funding speed, origination quality and deliver world-class customer service.
- Seamlessly integrate dealer inventory accurately into the originations system.
- Build strong relationships with other leaders in the organization and work collaboratively to create intrinsic value.
- Partner with our Sales leadership team to deliver an effortless dealer experience.
Position Outcomes & Activities:
- Continuously identify improvements and embed successful change projects.
- Continuously improve the efficiency, quality and consistency of your teams.
- Develop and implement strategies to scale your areas of responsibility.
- Direct and develop an operational management team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures and inspecting what you expect.
- Work closely with Corporate Legal and Compliance to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations impacting your teams.
- Identify potential risk issues.
- Apply the concepts of organizational health to develop and maintain healthy and effective teams.
- Effectively communicate so that all team members are kept abreast of the current state of the departments and the organization as a whole.
- All other duties as assigned by the COO.
- 10+ years of experience in a contract originations, dealership or customer service environment.
- 7+ years of experience leading a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Passion for driving and implementing process improvement.
- Solutions oriented approach to solving complex problems and challenges.
- Established track record of exceeding performance results.
- Position will work on-site in Southfield Michigan with limited travel.
- Extensive experience managing a team of leaders.
- Experience in financial services sector (loan servicing or loan origination organizations).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and customer support technologies.
- Extensive experience with CAPS or dealer operations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to communicate clearly and in a concise manner, both verbally and in written form, at all levels.
- Be an honest and ethical leader who is approachable and receptive to feedback from team members.
- Be effective at setting clear expectations with your teams, assessing their performance and providing feedback to improve performance.
- Own your performance, be receptive to feedback on your performance and actively apply that feedback.
- Continuously coach your team, facilitate learning and development sessions and leverage best practices to improve performance.
- Able to communicate and assess process and policy expectations and manage your team members against those expectations in a fair and consistent manner.