Database Administrator Mid level 1192
Searching for a midlevel Database Administrator!
- Identifies database and reporting requirements from conversations with business and technical users as well as analyzing existing applications, operations and systems.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Performance and tuning of queries and processes
- Data cleanup, archiving and retention
- Monitor data retention, replication & index optimization
- Manage, organize and review SQL users and permissions
- Periodic research of new or requested SQL Server functionality
- Develop application to data process flow diagrams
- Review and respond to daily SQL Diagnostic Manager report alerts
- Assist with database server migration planning and execution
- Help design and build sample prod data refresh to QA/Dev process
- Document and maintain SQL data job dependencies
- Maintenance of current SSIS Processes
- Coordinate and maintain data security for Personal Information in accordance with our guidelines and client requirements.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 years of IT operations with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Minimum 1 years of Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to develop data solutions to help product and business teams to make data-driven decisions
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- Experience in database capacity planning and production support
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems using native & third-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience maintaining database security, integrity, and availability
- Knowledge of and proficiency with the following:
SQL Server 2014/2016 Database Administration/Tuning/Management/Security, Database Partitioning, SQL Server Hardware Resource Capacity Planning, SQL Server Performance Monitoring, SSRS/SSIS