Data Analytics Manager REQ 1075
- Assist audit management and senior leadership in implementing and maintaining a comprehensive Audit Data Analytics strategy that is aligned with industry and company best practices. Contributes support for audit leadership in the development of the annual global risk assessment and data enabled internal audit plan(s) and interacts with audit management on a regular basis to ensure knowledge of business strategies, objectives, and risks are appropriately considered by data analytics and to provide subject matter expertise on data analysis and visualization.
- Providing data analytics to support the entire audit cycle, including risk assessment, planning, testing of controls, reporting and issue verification; develop and implement strategies, plans, and procedures that promote the use of data analytics in all core internal audit activities. Evaluates and implements advanced analytics methodology specific to particular project needs and steer analytics request in the most productive direction, leveraging internal resources and technologies.
- Administers implementation of data audit and visual analytics techniques, methods, and tools, including but not limited to Tableau, SQL, SAS, ACL / Arbutus, Microsoft Excel, TeamMate Analytics, etc. Uses data and data visualization to enhance the connection between the business units and audit; identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets and develop graphs, reports, and presentations of results.
- Direct supervision of a professional staff of data and process improvement analysts.
- Developing, implementing, and managing data strategies that optimize data quality to improve standardization and support continuous monitoring across diverse systems. Collaborates with audit teams and management to identify and deliver full population testing to improve assurance and achieve ACG objectives of continuous monitoring. Assists with audit reporting quality assurance reviews as needed.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with management to better provide value-added services, establishing credibility as a management consultant and internal controls resource, and ensuring client satisfaction
- Supporting in defining, implementing, maintaining, and refining the department’s audit process as necessary, including standards and procedures; continually seeking opportunities for audit process improvement; engaging with audit leadership to identify means to measure the effectiveness of current operations, ensure adherence to business processes, procedures, and corporate guidelines, and implement enhancement to improve operations. Identifies operational risks and develops data analytic strategies to evaluate and improve control environments.
- Actively supporting in recruiting, screening, hiring, developing, and mentoring staff; providing guidance and training to team members and identifies opportunities to improve team performance and effectiveness, motivating and leading teams with diverse skills and backgrounds while facilitating an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- 3+ years demonstrated ability to effectively lead/manage a team and develop staff
- 3+ years’ experience with data mining and analytics that included general programming and experience analyzing complex data to identify risk and anomalies, and provide usable information to internal and external customers
- Ability to develop and drive process improvement and suggest efficiencies
- Ability to document process and tools, and transfer knowledge to team members
- Ability to operate with autonomy while leading and developing a data analytics and process improvement team
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or other quantitative/related field
- Demonstrates initiative to explore alternative approaches to project tasks, existing processes, and other project objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including preparation and presentation of reports for all levels of management, and demonstrated client focus / relationship skills
- Experience with data analytics software such as ACL or Arbutus, Wolters Kluwer TeamMate, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Cloverleaf
- Financial Services / Insurance industry background
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interacting with subject matter experts and all levels of management
- Knowledge of corporate and industry policies, and internal audit practices and procedures
- Knowledge of project management practices
- Knowledge of the Auto Club Group operations, products, and services
- Minimal out-of-town travel (<5%)
- Outstanding project and time management skills, including ability to manage several projects simultaneously and achieve stated objectives within designated time frames
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze, compile and interpret data. Ability to lead and direct, as well as perform, data analytic and process improvement projects, and interpret data including limitations in various solution techniques; keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate staff to meet individual and team goals and objectives; strong team leader and player
- Work experience in an information systems department
- Working with mainframe sequential files
- Master’s degree in computer science, business, finance, information technology or a related field
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or equivalent technical designation or certification
- Professional Data Analytics or Financial Risk Management certification
- Project Management or Continuous Improvement certification such as PMP or Six Sigma