The Customer Support Director is a key strategic and operational leadership role responsible for the development, continuous improvement and delivery of customer service and operational support to customers, dealers and multiple internal stakeholder groups.
The purpose of the “Customer Support Director” position is to . . .
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the Company’s BHAG goals.
- Improve the customer service experience.
- Effectively resolve and reduce customer complaints.
- Reduce operational inefficiencies and streamline the account closure process.
- Build strong relationships with other leaders in the organization and work collaboratively to create intrinsic value.
- Partner with the SVP of FE Collections to oversee Henderson Site Operations to ensure policies and processes help to create a safe, clean and productive work environment.
Outcomes & Activities:
- Continuously identify improvements and embed successful change projects.
- Continuously improve the efficiency, quality and consistency of your teams.
- Develop and implement strategies to scale your areas of responsibility.
- Direct and develop an operational management team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures and inspecting what you expect.
- Identify potential risk issues.
- Apply the concepts of organizational health to develop and maintain healthy and effective team.
- Work closely with Corporate Legal and Compliance to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations impacting your teams.
- Effectively communicate so that all team members are abreast of current state of the departments and organization.
- All other duties as assigned by the COO.
- 10+ years of experience in call center, collections, or customer service operations.
- 7+ years of experience leading a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Passion for driving and implementing process improvement.
- Solutions oriented approach to solving complex problems and challenges.
- Established track record of exceeding performance results.
- Position will work on-site in Southfield Michigan with frequent travel (approximately 50%) to Henderson, NV.
- Extensive experience managing a team of leaders.
- Experience in financial services sector (loan servicing or loan origination organizations).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, collection and customer support technologies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to communicate clearly and in a concise manner, both verbally and in written form, at all levels.
- Be an honest and ethical leader who is approachable and receptive to feedback from team members.
- Be effective at setting clear expectations with your team, assessing their performance and providing feedback to improve performance.
- Own your performance, be receptive to feedback on your performance and actively apply that feedback.
- Continuously coach your team, facilitate learning and development sessions and leverage best practices to improve performance.
- Able to communicate and assess process and policy expectations and manage your team members against those expectations in a fair and consistent manner.