The Applications Functional Consultant is responsible for defining, developing and managing a set of existing products and introducing new applications that will provide Our client with effective solutions to optimize/improve life both within the company and more importantly, for our neighbors.
Key responsibilities start with product planning and internal product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with the development team to deliver winning products. Additionally, this person will ensure that the products we are providing will support the company’s overall strategy and goals. Finally, you must be able to provide application support and training for the programs in the portfolio.
You must be a hands-on, detail-oriented, team player, with strong project management, product owner and product support experience. Must be passionate, able to change focus rapidly when priorities shift, and be willing to learn and grow with our suite of products and capabilities.
• Research, uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements
• Manage new product development and existing product enhancements to ensure design requirements align with business requirements and budget
• Collaborate with the team to generate test acceptance criteria and test cases from execution to end-user experience
• Apply project management techniques to define feature/release strategy that provide the right delivery at the right time
• Collaborative approach to the internal marketing of new apps/features such as communication of status and upcoming releases to stakeholders
• Onboard support teams and design end-user training for new capabilities and the requirements to support them
• Provide 2nd level support for all applications and features within the suite
• Actively follow up and track success of new capabilities
• Retail and Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technology experience required.
• Experience in project/product management and leading cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
• Experienced in defining business requirements, use cases and test cases.
• Experience in defining scope and capabilities, and defending them from scope creep
• Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret and translate data into actionable plans
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and pivot with short notice
• Comfortable in dynamic, fast paced environment with tight deadlines