Application Engineer REQ 1137
- Act as a liaison and company representative with customers.
- Develop and present training.
- Help desk consultation.
- Provide project engineering technical support.
- Provide sales technical support.
- Write and implement custom tests.
- Commission test cells including:
- Set-up and troubleshoot test and measurement systems
- Implement and tune complex control loops
- Integrate auxiliary equipment into test system
- Set-up monitoring and control of relevant safeties
- Create commissioning documentation
- Provide training on system applications.
- Obtain customer sign-off
- BS or MS degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in test automation equipment.
- Able to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Background in internal combustion engine theory and operation.
- Emissions testing methodology knowledge.
- Experience with emissions bench, fuel measurement systems and ECU/PCM controllers.
- Familiarity with automotive emissions legislation preferred
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of PC operation, structure, MS Windows, and computer networking required.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical processes.