Client’s basic needs:
- Someone who is a strong database MS SQL Server developer
- Someone who understands API’s and Integration
- Someone who understands modern development techniques/skills
- Someone who can come in without any hand holding and no structure and help build an environment from scratch
- Someone with reporting skills
- Someone who can help make sense of a lot of disparate data
- Data and systems integration
- Maybe some Power BI but not a must
PLUS: if they had magic software, AS/400 or JD Edwards, plus but definitely NOT a MUST
If we found someone who was higher level person who had a BI background, that would also be a plus, as long as they are still hands on.
They are using magic software as an integration tool
- Hands-on technical development and leadership role designed to assist the CIO with design, development, implementation and support of all system and data integration needs.
- Provides senior technical expertise, thought leadership, mentoring and supervision to a small team of developers.
- Has the ability to design and architect solutions that help to automate and digitize the business by bridging the gap between old school development and modern development tools and techniques.
- Must have broad knowledge of software development, data architecture, strong leadership, and project management experience.
- Ability to perform data and systems integration development using tools like Pentaho, Magic Software, SQI, Java R
- Lead highly visible projects across several lines of business and across a wide range of stakeholders and user base.
- Manage issues, scope, timeline risk, and/or budget within each project.
- Requires a 4-year undergraduate degree plus 7-10 years of related experience or extensive work experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of in-depth development experience creating business related applications in a Microsoft-base Object-Oriented language (VB.Net, C#, ASP.net etc)
- Familiarity with J.D. Edwards Enterprise One database and development tools is a plus.
- Extensive experience working as a Data Architect, designing and implementing data integrations with strong understanding of structured programming methods and data normalization concepts and extensive experience designing and supporting ETL
- Functional skills supporting Inventory Management, Warehouse Management Systems, Sales Order Management, MRP, Work Orders, Production Planning and Scheduling systems.
- Capable of managing the Implementation of solutions to complex problems independently
- Proven track record for delivering multiple concurrent tasks end-to-end to meet project deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.