Summary of Position
The Sales Manager is responsible for the overall sales and management the Residential Sales team. The Sales Manager will align departmental goals with company objectives on a yearly basis.
• Hires and trains and manages Residential sales representatives
• Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of sales team members.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Provides leadership to the sales team.
• Motivates and encourages sales team to ensure quotas are met.
• Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
• Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
• Assigns territories and sets quotas for sales teams.
• Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
• Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
• Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies.
• Prepares sales budget; monitors and approves expenses.
• Acts as company representative at trade association meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education & Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR
• Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
• At least three years of sales leadership experience required.
• Proven track record of growing and sustaining a team over an extended period of time
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.